At Gerry Christopher Skin Care, we are committed to our clients receiving the total experience. To achieve this, we encourage guests to arrive 10-15 minutes early to allow for a relaxing check-in and adequate consultation time with your Skin Care Specialist. We understand that sometimes things happen that are out of your control. Should you arrive late, every effort will be made to accommodate your service; however, treatment time may be reduced. The spa environment is one of tranquility and relaxation, so please respect the other guests’ right to privacy and quiet—NO CELL PHONES in the spa or retail area.
Forms of Payment Accepted?
Gerry Christopher Skin Care accepts MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, and cash. Personal checks are not accepted. We also require a valid credit card number with the expiration date to hold all reservations, even if a client intends to pay with a gift certificate. Gerry Christopher Skin Care Gift Certificates are available for purchase online, in person, or over the phone.
What if I need to cancel an appointment?
We understand that scheduling conflicts happen. If you must cancel or reschedule an appointment, as a courtesy to other guests and our therapists, a 24-hour notice is required to avoid being charged 50% of the price on all treatments scheduled.
Is Gratuities Accepted?
In appreciation of the quality of service performed by your Gerry Christopher Skin Care practitioner, gratuities are accepted. Tips average between 15% – 20% of the original treatment price. Tips may be given in cash or by credit card at the front desk at check out.
What should I expect with waxing?
What to do before you wax:
- Allow 3-4 weeks between waxing and/or shaving. A quarter of an inch outgrowth is required for bikini, legs, and underarms.
- For Brazilian and bikini waxes, if your hair is long, it is best to trim so that the waxing is more comfortable.
- Female clients may have heightened sensitivity during the week prior to or during menstruation.
Be careful before you wax:
- Do not use Retin A/Renova up to 30 days prior.
- Do not use Accutane up to 90 days prior.
- Do not use peels (glycolic, AHA, etc.) or dermabrasion on the waxing area up to 24 hours prior.
- Do not drink alcohol heavily or sunbathe up to 24 hours prior.
To keep from irritating the skin:
- Aloe Vera or Hydrocortisone cream can be used as a topical application if the skin in the waxed area becomes irritated.
- Keep the waxed area clean, but do not use harsh cleansers or creams for 24-48 hours post-wax.
- No hot tubs, hot showers or baths, sunbathing or tanning for 24-48 hours post-wax. Sorry.. Don’t mean to spoil your fun!
To get the most out of your wax:
- Do not exfoliate the skin for 2-3 days post-wax, and then exfoliate regularly to help prevent ingrown hairs.
- Avoid shaving between waxes.
What if I want something that is not on the menu of Services?
Please consult one of the technicians with your request. At Gerry Christopher Skin Care, we are always looking for new ways to serve our clients and suggestions are always welcome.
What if I’m not sure what kind of Skincare Treatment to book?
At Gerry Christopher Skin Care, we encourage you to book a comprehensive 45-minute consultation with any of our Estheticians. This will give you an excellent starting point to amazing skin.
What is a Skincare Treatment? Is it Beneficial?
Clients always ask if Facials and Facial Treatments are important. Facials are the opportunity for your Esthetician to evaluate your skin. Estheticians are trained to look for many issues, including possible skin cancer. Even though they can’t diagnose, they can definitely suggest getting questionable areas checked by your Dermatologist. Getting your pores cleaned out and treating skin conditions like Acne, Rosacea and Age Spots (Hyper Pigmentation) is important to healthy skin. It’s like going to the Dentist, but much more relaxing. Skincare treatments are becoming one of the fastest-growing services and becoming more and more popular. They target specific skin issues, and if you use the correct treatments (like our Infusions) can give the most bang for the buck. Even with Facials and Facial Treatments’ popularity, there are still people who don’t know what they are or how beneficial they are. Your Esthetician will help you decide the perfect treatment and regiment.
The general facial treatment includes the following steps:
- Cleansing and Clear: The cleanser cleans the skin and removes dirt, bacteria, and cosmetics. Clear helps wash away soap residue, leftover makeup, dirt, oil, and dead surface skin cells. It is also really helpful in tightening pores, balance pH levels, control oil, improve skin tone, and speed up cell turnover to reveal younger, healthier skin.
- Skin Analysis: Inspection of the skin to identify any skin issues.
- Exfoliation: Use of Manual or Enzyme agents to sloughing off dead skin cells and promote cell turnover. Extremely important for all skin types.
- Steaming: This process helps soften clogged pores, blackheads, and acne. This prepares the skin for extractions.
- Extractions: This step is essential to unclog pores and clear out acne to allow pores to heal and tighten.
- Massage: This is probably everyone’s favorite part of the facial. The facial massage is extremely beneficial and therapeutic. It will relax tense facial muscles while increasing blood flow, bringing blood flow and oxygen to the skin. This kills anaerobic bacteria responsible for breakouts. It also is helpful for Rosacea and other sensitive skin conditions involving chronic skin inflammation. The lymphatic drainage, pressure point stimulation, and aromatherapy also help with detoxification and oxygen flow. A facial massage should be at least 10 minutes (for acne skin) but ideally 20 minutes for optimal results.
- Mask: There are many varieties of facial masks. Each one has its own unique benefits. Your skincare specialist will pick the one that will give you the greatest benefits for your skin type and needs. The facial mask is applied and left on for 10-20 minutes, depending on the mask. It is an awesome opportunity to relax and let the mask do its job.
- Serums: Serums are an amazing way to target specific nutrients into the skin. The most common are Vitamin C complex, Hyaluronic Acid, and regenerative skin serums. They must always be used under the moisturizer and an important part of anyone’s home skincare regiment.
- Moisturizers: Moisturizers are your last defense to protecting your skin from the environment. All while hydrating and nourishing the skin.
What are Non Chemical Infusion Peels?
Infusion Peels are a revolutionary treatment that treats skin issues and deeply nourishes the skin effectively. This is done without the use of chemicals or irritating inflammatory ingredients that strip and weaken the skin. This Infusion Peel is a revolutionary non-chemical peel delivering long term skin benefits. By using the most potent form of Vitamin A to resurface the skin gently. This unique formulation increases circulation, delivers nutrients deep into the skin, boosts immunity, and stimulates collagen production. Your skin will immediately be transformed! Regular Infusion Peels continue to help your body produce new, strong, healthier, and younger-looking skin without a chemical peel’s harsh side effects. Experience the Gerry Christopher Skin Care Glow! The results are cumulative, as improvements increase over a series of treatments. Best as a series of 5.
Can I go right back to work?
Absolutely. Work or other normal activities may be resumed immediately.
How long does it take to have a Infusion peel?
About sixty to eighty minutes in total. This depends on the type of Infusion Peel and the results desired. Your aesthetician has a variety at her disposal. They are often graded by their strength and the particular condition they are designed to treat.
Will an Infusion Peel help my skin?
An Infusion Peel is a treatment that rejuvenates the skin. This Infusion Peel is a revolutionary non-chemical peel delivering long term skin benefits. By using the most potent form of Vitamin A to resurface the skin gently. This unique formulation increases circulation, delivers nutrients deep into the skin, boosts immunity, and stimulates collagen production. Your skin will immediately be transformed! Regular Infusion Peels continue to help your body to produce new, strong, healthier, and younger-looking skin without the harsh side effects of a chemical peel. Experience the Gerry Christopher Skin Care Glow. The results are cumulative, as improvements increase over a series of treatments. Best as a series of 5.
Is an Infusion Peel painful?
No. There are no chemicals or inflammation-causing ingredients that cause discomfort. The skin feels fresh and smooth without discomfort.
Can I go out into the sun after having a Infusion Peel?
You may go outside, but sunscreen must be worn for at least a few days after the peel as your skin will likely be a little more sensitive to sun exposure.
How many Infusion Peels should I have and how often is it recommended?
Many individuals find that a peel performed every three to six weeks gives optimal results.
Will an Infusion Peel remove deep lines or wrinkles?
Even though no one can guarantee the removal of deep lines and wrinkles, Infusion Peel will nourish the skin and allows the skin to heal and create collagen which improves the tone, texture, smoothness, and appearance of skin. You will notice amazing results.